Dr. Alisha Nachman Oakville Chiropractor has some great advice for the majority of our Oakville Chiropractic patients who sit at a computer ALLLLLL day !
Proper Sitting Techniques
- Sit with back straight and shoulders back
- Buttocks touches the back of the chair
- Knees should be at right angles with feet flat on the floor
- DO NOT cross your legs
- Maintain the normal curves of your back
- Use a rolled up towel behind low back for support
- In a chair that rolls and pivots, don’t twist at the waist, instead turn your whole body
- When standing up from the seated position, move to the front of the seat of your chair. Stand up by straightening your legs.
- Avoid bending forward at your waist
- Avoid sitting in the same position for more than 30 minutes
Brugger’s Position of Relief
Perform for every 20 minutes of sitting, studying, computer work, etc.
- Sit with your buttock at the edge of a chair
- Open your legs to hip width
- Turn your toes out slightly
- Rest your weight on your legs and feet and relax your abdominal muscles
- Tilt your pelvis forward and lift your breast bone up- increasing the curve in your lower back to its maximum
- Arms are by your sides. Turn your hands so that palms are facing forward
- Look slightly upwards – if this bothers the neck keep the head looking forward
- Hold this position and take 10 deep belly breaths
Questions or concerns about Chiropractic Clinics in Oakville. Give us a call at 905 827 4197. Located in the heart of Glen Abbey and open 6 days a week, just not Sundays in Oakville.