Piriformis and Glutes Stretch
Oakville Chiropractor Dr. Steve Knighton shows one of his favorite stretches that you should be doing daily. Come visit our Oakville Chiropractic Clinic if you have piriformis or Butt pain. 905-827-4197
Piriformis and Glutes Stretch:
Stretch for patients with none to moderate back pain:
Lay down flat on your back on a hard surface. Bend one leg over the other connecting ankle to knee. Reach through your bent leg and grab onto your other leg (thigh) as shown in the video. Pull back on the leg while keeping your leg bent. If you would like to take it to the next level you can make your leg straight. This stretch you can feel at the side of your butt and possible your lower back. Maintain this position for about 30 – 40 seconds before stopping. If you experience shooting pains in your leg and/or back stop the exercise and contact a medical doctor.
- Lay down flat on your back on a hard surface
- Bend right leg over left leg connecting them ankle to knee.
- Reach between your right leg and grab your left leg and pull
- You can keep your left leg bent or make it straight.
- Maintain posture for 30 – 40 seconds
- Repeat for other leg
Stretch for patients with crippling back pain:
Lay flat on your back on a hard surface. Place on foot against a wall and bend the other foot across over the knee. This exercise can be done for about 3 to 4 minutes as it is less intense compared to the previously mentioned one.
- Lay flat on your back on a hard surface
- Place your right foot against a wall creating a 60 degree angle at the back of the knee
- Bring over the left leg across of the right knee
Stay in the position for about 3 – 4 minutes
In pain, call today, we will get fixed up right away.