Don’t let limited mobility and pain put limitations on your life! The use of physiotherapy is proven in the treatment of injuries and physical conditions to obtain, regain and maintain optimal function. Through therapeutic exercise, massage, mobilizations and/or manipulations, Nottinghill Family Wellness Center’s trained physiotherapists can increase mobility and movement of the body and reduce pain to get you back doing what you love. Whether you’ve just been injured or are dealing with a chronic issue, we offer a whole health approach with rehabilitation based on continued care from the acute stage through to full recovery. We offer a comprehensive approach with a wide variety of treatment techniques and reliable, objective assessments and analysis.
Physiotherapy is useful in the treatment of:
- Sports injuries
- Back and neck pain
- Postural problems
- Occupational Injuries such as repetitive stress injuries
- Amputee rehabilitation
- Spinal cord injuries
- Rehabilitation following cardiac surgery
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Asthma management
- Developmental and pediatric problems
- Neurological conditions
- Impaired mobility
- Geriatric problems
- Specific children’s conditions
Our physiotherapists use a combination of treatments which can include heat, ice and ultrasound to relieve pain and stiffness. Massage therapy, chiropractic, and other hands-on methods are also useful in successfully achieving overall rehabilitation. All these methods promote a whole health approach addressing both the physical and mental components of well being. Glen Abbey physiotherapy services include:
- Manual Therapy – a hands-on approach used to normalize soft tissues including joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons and the nervous system.
- Therapeutic Exercises – techniques to improve and promote strength, endurance, balance, mobility, function and fitness.
- Interferential Current Therapy – involves the application of electrodes to help alleviate pain, increase blood flow, break up scar tissue and relax the muscles.
- Education – our therapists can provide individual information to assist in recovery and advise on prevention techniques.
As well as helping you recover we believe it’s important to educate you on prevention techniques. Nottinghill Family Wellness Centre offers information on techniques to reduce injuries and care for existing injuries.