Admit it, you expose yourself to bad posture on a daily basis. Whether it’s sitting on that office chair, slouching on the couch watching television, or simply using your phone to stay connected. Bad posture will do nothing but harm your spine . The spine is a very unique and important part to the human body. It provides strength, flexibility , and movement. Therefore, taking care of the spine is very necessary. Here are some ways you can fix your posture and take care of your spine:
- Perform simple stretches to loosen your back muscles
- Keep your body in an alignment while sitting at an office chair
- Wear supportive footwear while standing , consider orthotics
- Sit up straight !
- Sleep on your back to help keep your shoulders straight
- Keep your back against the seat and head rest
Although it might be hard to remember to keep good posture, it is however very essential. Use these tips to help you get started, and when and if back pain occurs , remember that Dr. Steve Knighton at Nottinghill Family Wellness Center will be pleased to provide you with treatment.
For help with pain or discomfort please contact your local chiropractor in Oakville at 905-827-4197.