Low back pain stretches #2
Rescue Position for Back Pain Relief.
Oakville Chiropractic Clinic : Dr. Steve Knighton
This stretching posture is used to relieve back pain at home before visiting a medical doctor. Find a hard surface and life down on your back. Place your feet on a couch or a chair preferably creating an approximately 90 degree angle at the knees. Once in that position you can place and ice pack under your back and keep it there for about 15 to 20 minutes before removing. (Be sure to wrap in the ice pack before placing to avoid chances of frost bite.) After removing ice pack walk around for 10 to 15 minutes before doing the rescue position again. This will help relax the muscle cause the back pain. If needed consult a medical doctor is pain stays or worsens.
• Lie down on your back on a hard surface (floor).
• Place your feet on a couch or a chair creating a 90 degree angle at the back of the knees
• Place a wrapped ice pack underneath your back
• Stay in the position for 15 – 20 minutes (Be safe and avoid frostbites)
• Walk around for 10 – 15 minutes
• Repeat the process.