Proper Posture While Sitting and how your Oakville Chiropractor can help!
Proper Posture While Sitting
Dr. Steve Knighton Oakville Chiropractor has some great advice for the majority of our Oakville Chiropractic patients who sit at a computer ALLLLLL day !
Proper Sitting Techniques
- Sit with back straight and shoulders back
- Buttocks touches the back of the chair
- Knees should be at right angles with feet flat on the floor
- DO NOT cross your legs
- Maintain the normal curves of your back
- Use a rolled up towel behind low back for support
- In a chair that rolls and pivots, don’t twist at the waist, instead turn your whole body
- When standing up from the seated position, move to the front of the seat of your chair. Stand up by straightening your legs.
- Avoid bending forward at your waist
- Avoid sitting in the same position for more than 30 minutes
Brugger’s Position of Relief
Perform for every 20 minutes of sitting, studying, computer work, etc.
- Sit with your buttock at the edge of a chair
- Open your legs to hip width
- Turn your toes out slightly
- Rest your weight on your legs and feet and relax your abdominal muscles
- Tilt your pelvis forward and lift your breast bone up- increasing the curve in your lower back to its maximum
- Arms are by your sides. Turn your hands so that palms are facing forward
- Look slightly upwards – if this bothers the neck keep the head looking forward
- Hold this position and take 10 deep belly breaths
Questions or concerns about Chiropractic Clinics in Oakville. Give us a call at 905 827 4197. Located in the heart of Glen Abbey and open 6 days a week, just not Sundays in Oakville.