Oakville Chiropractors Correct Computer Posture and Ergonomics
Correct computer posture is difficult to achieve. The human body was not meant to sit at a computer for 7-10 hours per day. Doing so makes proper posture a real challenge. Our Oakville Chiropractor estimates 75% of patients at the clinic work at a computer for at least 7.5 hours a day. Most of them start the work day with proper posture only to falter later in the day. Most important variables for correct computer posture and proper posture are…
Chiropractic Computer Posture
- Use your arm rests. They should just slide under your keyboard so that your wrists stay neutral and your shoulders are not hunched.
- If you use multiple monitors, display them on top of each other, and not side by side. This way you are not forced to look left or right, but up and down, which your seat can be adjusted for.
- Do not sit cross-legged. Keep both of your feet on the ground.
- Keep your monitor at about eye level.
- Finally make sure to get up every 25 minutes and move.
Sit at a computer all day? Get checked out by your Chiropractor today!