Painful disorders that can be helped with Shockwave Therapy Oakville
Shockwave Therapy can be used to treat a variety of painful disorders. At Nottinghill Family Wellness Centre our best results with Shockwave Therapy have come with a combination of Muscle Release Therapy and IFC (Interferential Current Therapy).
- Plantar Fasciitis – characterized by heel or foot pain with the first step in the morning
- Calcific Tendinitis – diagnosed via Ultrasound, X-ray or MRT/ CT scan
- Tendinitis – usually stubborn chronic muscle or joint pain, best diagnosed via Ultrasound
- Golfer’s Elbow – characterized by pain on the pinky side of the elbow (less common)
- Tennis Elbow – characterized by pain on the thumb side of the elbow and forearm (most common)
- Tendinosis – different than Tendinitis; a cellular change of the tissue with no swelling
Extracorpeal Shockwave therapy involves the application of electrodes to help alleviate pain, increase blood flow, break up scar tissue and relax the muscles.