Some Conditions A Chiropractor In Oakville Can Effectively Treat Include…
- Mid Back and Postural Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Pain
- Foot/Ankle Pain
- Elbow/Wrist/Hand Pain
- Osteoarthritis Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Workplace Injuries
- Overuse/Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
- Neck Pain
Chiropractic care involves the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous system and the effects of these disorders on general health. There is emphasis on hands-on therapy including spinal, and other joint, manipulation and soft tissue release.
While a chiropractor in Oakville can treat conditions related to the spine, they are just as qualified to treat all other joints and muscles of the body. In addition, a chiropractor in Oakville can recognize the value and responsibility of working in cooperation with other health care practitioners when in the best interest of the patient. Chiropractic practice has a strong belief in preventative care. It’s much easier to keep a healthy body functioning than it is to fix one after an injury. Regular visits to a chiropractor in Oakville help manage the regular wear and tear that our bodies experience. Visiting our chiropractors will keep your joints moving freely, your muscles relaxed and keep you functioning at your optimal level! Chiropractic treatment almost always involves joint manipulation. Joint manipulation is a quick and shallow thrust through a stiff and restricted joint. It is very effective at improving range of motion and reducing pain. The ‘cracking’ of a joint that people associate with chiropractic adjustments is the buildup of gas being released from stiff joints that makes a popping noise on release. Chiropractors are extensively trained to provide safe and effective adjustments to their patients. Dr. Jenn and Dr. Steve also use a variety of other techniques in their treatments to provide patients with effective and lasting results.
- Muscle Release Techniques: MRT is a targeted massage technique to help loosen tight and painful muscles. There are other muscle techniques that break up scar tissue from older injuries to help regain full range of motion through the affected areas.
- Exercise Prescription: Our chiropractors believe in specific exercise prescription to help strengthen the body to maintain proper alignment and mobility. The exercises are targeted to address weaknesses and are tailored to match the patient’s ability, making the exercise safe and effective.
- Electrical Stimulation: Involves the application of electrodes to help alleviate pain, increase blood flow, break up scar tissue and relax the muscles.
- Acupuncture: Extremely effective at helping improve mobility and decrease pain. For more information, visit our acupuncture page.
If you live in the Oakville area and are asking yourself “Where is the nearest chiropractor near me?” call the clinic today and make an appointment!