Our Oakville physiotherapy clinic is open 5 days a week from Tuesday to Saturday to give you the treatment you need. Our physiotherapist works directly with 2 amazing Athletic Therapists: Nicole and Jessica. Both Nicole and Jess are some of Oakville’s best registered massage therapists as well, so you know you are in good hands. Prior to working at our clinic, our physiotherapist worked at Oakville hospital as the lead physiotherapist in orthopaedic rehab. She helped develop the protocols that surgeons at OTMH use today to maximize healing after orthopaedic surgeries, such as knee/hip replacements or rotator cuff procedures.
Oakville Physiotherapy Treatment:
Physiotherapy Treatment in Oakville:
Don’t let decreased mobility and pain put limitations on your life. Our Physiotherapy team in Oakville work hand in hand with our Doctors and combine both a combination of manual therapy, exercise prescription, rehabilitation programs, IFC therapy and shockwave treatments. Our physio team can direct bill most insurance companies optimizing your personal insurance. Physiotherapy is proven to be effective in the treatment of injuries and physical conditions to obtain, regain and maintain optimal function. Our Physiotherapists use an evidence based approach to treat patients of all ages, from children to seniors! Meet our Oakville Physiotherapy Team.
Physiotherapy: How it works ?
Through therapeutic exercise, massage, shockwave, mobilizations, trigger point therapy and/or manipulations, our trained Oakville physiotherapists can increase mobility and movement of the body and reduce pain to get you back doing what you love. Whether you’ve just been injured or are dealing with a chronic issue, we offer a whole health approach. Physio treatment is covered by most insurance plans, so make sure you bring in your direct billing information to limit any out of pocket expense.
We offer a comprehensive approach to physical therapy with a wide variety of treatment techniques and reliable, objective assessments and analysis. Visit our physiotherapy clinic in Oakville today. Our medical team uses a combination of treatments which can include manual therapy, IFC, Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Therapy, Shockwave Therapy, ultrasound and heat and icing to relieve pain and stiffness.
Services offered by our Oakville physiotherapist include:
- Manual Therapy: a hands-on approach is used by our physio team to normalize soft tissues including joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons and the nervous system. Joint mobilizations are skilled passive movements to the joint complex that are applied at varying speeds and amplitudes.
- Therapeutic Exercises: techniques to improve and promote strength, endurance, balance, mobility, function and fitness. Each program is tailored by our physiotherapist to the individual’s condition and capability.
- Interferential Current Therapy: involves the application of electrodes to help alleviate pain, increase blood flow, break up scar tissue and relax the muscles.
- Shockwave Therapy: uses a pneumatic gun to break up scar tissue and increase blood flow to chronically injured areas. Our physiotherapist does not up-charge for these treatments and are included in the price of treatment.
- Education: our physiotherapist and athletic therapists can provide individual information to assist in recovery and advise on prevention techniques. Education can include activity modification, advice on sleep position, ergonomic changes and bracing suggestions.
- Acupuncture: our physio and chiropractic team use a combination of treatments including acupuncture to help their patients heal. ALL acupuncture is performed by Dr. Jenn at our clinic and billed under chiropractic treatment.