Lateral Ankle Sprain
4 days after a moderate to severe ankle sprain, Oakville Chiropractor Dr. Steve Knighton is back to his lovely self. A little slow on the walk around the clinic, but nonetheless, his bedside manner is back. The Chiropractic Oakville Doctor taking his own advise. Much like most of our patients, Steve couldn’t take time off of work due to an injury. His Up3 said that he walked 8500 steps Monday, 11000 steps Tuesday and 4500 on his half day on Wednesday. How is this possible you say…he took his own advice, the same advice he has been dishing out to patients for the last ten years…..Ankle Sprains Oakville……….
1. Ice, when you are not moving you’re icing, 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, 20 on…when you’re not icing you’re elevating for that 20 minutes !
2. Elevation, don’t have time to ice, lie on the floor with your foot up the wall. He did this 10 – 20 times over the last three days in between patient visits. If can’t do this cause you think it looks weird, high school called they wanted you back.
3. Shoes – wear supportive running shoes. Asics GT2000 Done. Squeeze your foot into the shoe and go about your day !
4. Interferential Current, this is where a great therapist comes in. No Ultrasound, no laser, just an IFC glued to your foot, jacked up as high as you can take it.
5. Local edema massage, this kills, I am not joking, but you want to pull that fluid out of your foot and back into your system. Sivlia is the best there is !
6. Active rest, walk, if you can walk, if it’s not broken walk. Walking will increase the muscle pump from your calves, getting all that toxic fluid out from around the ankle. Walking allows new/fresh blood in the area and helps increases the healing process.
First and foremost, make sure there is no fracture in your foot !
For help with pain or discomfort please contact your local chiropractor in Oakville at 905-827-4197
Physiotherapy Oakville Chiropractic Clinic Oakville