So you have been diagnosed with Morton’s Neuroma or Metatarsalgia ?
Be sure to follow these chiropractor approved exercises and stretches Dr. Steve recommends to keep your feet strong and prevent pain.
DO YOU HAVE :
Pain just below the toes with walking? Numbness or tingling at the base of the toes before your arches? Relief from pain when you’re not sitting or taking off your shoes ? Do you wear sandals or non-Steve approved shoes for extended periods of walking ? Does it feel like there is a pebble inside your foot?
If any of these sound familiar get in sooner rather than later. Chronic foot pain can take a long time to treat. Prognosis drastically improves with earlier treatment.
Treatment for Morton’s Neuroma or Metatarsalgia.
1. No more bad shoes ! — supportive shoes or orthotics in your non-Steve approved shoes.
2. Ice — like you have never iced before. 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, 20 on. 2 – 3 times a day.
3. Supportive shoes — redundant .. I know, but some people need to be told twice !
4. At home grinding. — grab a ball; tennis, golf, lacrosse, hockey ball will all work. Start by standing on the ball with the injured foot and running the ball from heel to toe. You will know where the problem is when you get there.
5. Stretching of the calves and the foot muscles.
6. Rest — standing all day ? When you get home , elevate the foot and ice it while you watch jeopardy.
Are you experiencing foot pain or discomfort ? If you would like to seek professional help please contact our chiropractic clinic directly at 905-827-4197